The list of documents you need to have to make a complete application
ATTENTION, Visa application steps have been completely changed. The form to be completed exclusively online.
Some information or steps on how to fill up the visa form might differ or might not be correct anymore.
We request you to follow the instructions given by the French Embassy. If it differ with what we have mentioned here, please inform us.
A free visa is given for the groups going on an Exchange program. The decision of free or paid visa is exclusively taken by the French Embassy.
VFS charges extra amount to process your application (~1800 INR/person).
Courrier and other VFS services are not free and to be paid by the participant if he needs them.
This list of document is combining the general list given by the French Embassy and the extra documents specific to the Exchange program groups.
Milna tries to keep the list up to date, however, please note that the French Embassy reserves the right to ask extra documents or change the list of documents at anytime without prior notice.
FIRST NAME/S = GIVEN NAME/S
LAST NAME = SURNAME
1. An ordinary passport or other recognised travel document valid for at least three months from the expiry date of the visa applied for. This document must have at least two fresh pages. Please attach previous and cancelled passports, if any. Those travelling on an “IDENTITY CERTIFICATE” must ensure that this document bears the authorisations for leaving and coming back to India, and that it is accompanied by the “Green Booklet” (Tibetan holders).
2. This short-stay visa application form duly filled online, printed and signed by the applicant. [If minor, Application form to be signed by BOTH parents]
[To know more on how to fill up the Schengen Visa form, check this page]
3. Print out of the Visa Application receipt having the list of documents. (Given on the French website once you have submitted the visa application form)
4. 2 recent photographs of the applicant. Please check photograph specifications here. [Glue the 1st photo on the Visa application form (On the photo zone), leave 1 extra photos in the folder]
5. Signed letter of introduction stating purpose of visit. [attached]
6. Copy of travel medical insurance policy of not less than 30,000 Euros. The policy must cover medical and hospitalisation expenses for the entire period of valid stay on Schengen territory as well as repatriation costs. [Milna will provide it]
7. Copy of confirmed round trip air tickets. [Milna will provide it]
8. Supporting documents of personal income: - copy of bank statements of the last three months - copy of Income Tax Department Return + ITR-V acknowledgement of the previous 3 financial years - last three salary slips. If the applicant is the proprietor of a company, they must attach: - copy of bank statements of the last three months - copy of Income Tax Department Return + ITR-V acknowledgement of the previous financial year - copy of company registration certificate (Form B, Certificate of Registration, rule 5(1), or Form ST3, rule 11, certificate of registration) - copy of the Memorandum and Articles of Association of the company (Companies Act, 1956).
9. If a group exchange program, attach detailed itinerary.
[Milna will provide the itinerary]
10. Photocopies of Schengen, American, British visas issued over the five years.
11. Birth certificate (in case of minors)
12. Make TWO original affidavits, on Rs.10/- Stamp paper (Or whatever applicable amount in your state) signed by Notary along with the notary stamp, one original will be given to the Embassy and the second original will be kept by you for the Indian customs [attached] [THE INDIAN SCHOOL TO KEEP ONE ORIGINAL FOR THE AIRPORT] [DO NOT GIVE BOTH ORIGINALS TO THE EMBASSY]
13. Photocopy of both parent's ID containing their signatures and must be self-attested too. [Avoid Voter ID card/Aadhaar card, as it has no signature]
14. Undertaking, signed by the participant himself and by his parents, both Father and Mother. [No stamp paper required] [attached]
15. Authority letter to collect your passport once it is processed by the embassy. [attached] The documents must be arranged in the above given order.
16. Third country nationals residing in India and Nepal must furnish supporting documents attesting to the legality and the authorised duration of their residence here. [To be given to the person from your group who will collect the passports]
17. Invitation letter + Participant list validated by the French school. [Milna will provide it]
For the school (The school will provide)
18. A letter on the school's letter head, signed by the Principal along with the school's stamp (TWO ORIGINALS, one of the Embassy, the second original, keep it and bring it to France) [attached]
19. A list with all the participants' name, in Alphabetic order (With the Family name first) on the school's letter head, signed by the Principal along with the school's stamp (TWO ORIGINALS, one of the Embassy, the second original, keep it and bring it to France) [attached]
20. Full list, in Alphabetic order, take 3 copies for the entire group. No need to put a copy in each application. [Letter Head not required. Just sign and stamp it by the Indian school] [attached]
21. A letter on the school's letter head, signed by the Principal along with the school's stamp, mentioning that the accompanying teachers are teaching in the concerned school. + latest salary slip photocopy.
You need Adobe Acrobat and Microsoft Excel or equivalent to open the files below.
Do not hesitate to contact us if you need any further information
Please note that your documents will not be taken if:
- Spoiled (food, torn, unnecessarily folded, bad quality printing...)
- The number of required photocopies is not provided.
- The documents are not in order.
Most common mistakes:
- Not paying enough attention to the given list.
- Bad quality photos, not matching the Embassy requirement.
- Only 1 photo should be pasted on the original Visa photo.
- Keep the documents on A4 size papers, do not cut them. (Except for bank statement or other document provided to you in another size).
Note: The Embassy cannot accept photographs that do not meet these requirements
Please provide two recent photographs (not more than 6 months old) of yourself. The photographs should be in colour and:
|Taken against a light background (white or off-white) so that features are distinguishable and contrast against the background.|
|Clear share quality and with the face in focus.|
|Printed on normal photographic paper (camera print).|
|Full face, non-smiling [without sunglasses, a hat/cap or other head covering, unless the applicant wears such items because of their religious belief or ethnic background].|
|Please stick the Photograph on the Visa Application Form.|
Note : Please follow these instructions carefully. If photographs presented do not meet these requirements your application will be considered incomplete.