This document refers to all Milna projects, and is a contract between Milna referred to as the provider and the Participant, referred to as the interested party.
As a transparent organization, we want the things to be clear from the beginning, prior to signing any agreement. Therefore, we invite you to read and understand all the terms and conditions of the project. If something is not clear, please share that with us, so that we can explain it to you in writing. That our commitment will be true.
Please read these terms and conditions carefully. By paying any amount to Milna, you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions below. These terms and conditions are subject to change without notice, from time to time in our sole discretion. The version of the terms and conditions which will apply, will be those preceding the payment received by Milna.
(T&c version: 20 August 2018 – 18:00 GMT+1)
- Milna is an international non-profit organization with the aim to create links between people.
- The projects taking place in Europe/Africa/America are organised and under the responsibility of Milna (France), the projects taking place in Asia/Oceania are organised by Milna (France) and under the responsibility of Milna (India).
- The participant has to involve himself in the preparation of the project.
- The participant must give us the exact name as per his/her passport at the time of enrollment.
- If the participant does not have a valid passport at the time of enrollment, he takes the commitment to apply without delay for a passport, to be able to provide it no later than 6 weeks before the departure if a visa is required for the participant. Else, no later than 4 weeks before the departure.
- The participant has to abide by the laws and rules of the visited country.
- The enrollment of the participant is considered complete, only when the “Unique form (Participant)” is completed. The participant has no later than 7 days after the selected deadline to complete the “Unique form (Participant)“. Any delay by the participant in providing the information asked in “Unique form (Participant)” might postpone the date of departure or change the rate as per the new deadline. Milna declines any liability in case of delay or malfunction in the steps of implementation of the project caused by the non cooperation of the participant in providing the requested information.
- The participant undertakes to respect his declarations and commitments made via the “Unique form (Participant)“.
- The passport of the participant should comply with the requirement of the concerned government and its embassy. The participant is required to contact the embassy of the concerned country if he/she needs a visa. Milna will facilitate any visa formalities but has no say on whether the participant will be granted a visa as this is entirely the prerogative of the concerned consulate/embassy to decide on. If visa is required for the participant, we advise to apply for it no later than six weeks from the date of departure or as advised by the embassy.
- If your passport requires a visa, unless included in the project cost, the eventual visa fee will be borne by the participant. Milna will help in the visa application process.
- If the Participant has been refused a Visa in the past, he has to inform Milna India and apply for his own Visa outside the group. In case the Participant hides this information and still apply with the group. In case of rejection, the participation to the project of concerned Participant will be cancelled and no refund can be claimed. In case the group has been impacted also, the concerned Participant and his legal representative will be responsible for the loss and damage created to the group.
- The cost of the project is as seen on our website https://india.milna.org at the time of booking, which includes the costs of international flights, local transportation, lodging, boarding, activities, the management of the group, travel insurance and program. It does not include any medical and/or pharmaceutical fees.
- The cost of the project does not include: the cost of the passport, personal expenses, miscellaneous charges such as sim card, insurance cancellation, currency exchange fees etc.
- The cost is calculated in the local currency/currencies where the project will take place. It’s the reference currency.
- The cost mentioned in the proposal in Indian Rupees (INR) is given for information and is subject to change as per the currency rate of exchange. The participant can pay in the reference currency or in the other available currencies. The equivalent amount and mode of payment are available only on our online store https://india.milna.org
- At least 10% of the cost is required at the time of booking, the remaining can be paid no later than the possible deadline, selected by the participant. If the selected deadline is too close, to avail the selected price, the participant has to pay 100% of the cost before the selected deadline. Note that Milna will start planning the project once at least 50% has been paid.
- Payments have to be made to Milna on or before the respective deadlines to be considered valid. To avoid change in price, the participant has to strictly respect the deadline.
- Milna can only accept payments made by a third-party on behalf of the participant/legal representative if no deduction is made and 100% of the amount of the order is credited to Milna’s account. If at all any deduction to be made, has to be adjusted by the way of a special estimate issued in the name of the organisation including such deducted amount to match the final order amount and to be paid directly by the third-party and/or the participant/legal representative.
- This is something rare, but modification of Airport taxes might result in the modification of the cost per participant of the project until the day of departure.
- Payments will be accepted directly from the participant or his/her guardian. If the payments are through a third party, any eventual deduction should not affect the cost quoted by Milna. 100% of the quoted cost has to reach Milna before the selected deadline.
- Up to 24 hours before the departure, for whatever reason, if the participant does not wish or can’t participate to the project, the participant has to send a cancellation request by email to Milna. 25% of the cost will be non-refundable along with the cost incurred by Milna to. After receiving the refund request the remaining amount will be refunded to the participant within 30 days. No cancellation request will be accepted if Milna does not receive it less than 24h before the departure.
- In case the Participant is going in a group project, if the cancellation of one or more participants makes the ratio (Number of students/number of school accompanying adults) less than 10. No refund will be given to the cancelling participant(s).
- If Milna does not receive a refund from a transportation, accommodation, service provider concerning the cancelling participant within 23 days after the refund request, Milna will refund the participant 7 days after receiving it. Which means, if we get a refund from a flight company 34 days after the refund request, Milna will have 7 extra days to send the refund to the participant.
- If any participant and/or his parents request his/her return to the home country, before the scheduled date of return, for any reason, the entire cost of the return shall be borne by his/her parents.
- Feel free to contact your insurance advisor/agent, to take a “cancellation insurance” if you wish to cover your own risk of cancellation due to any reason.
- The project might be cancelled by Milna if it does not have the concerned minimum number of participants required for the project, 30 days before the departure. In this case, another offer will be suggested to the participant. In case of refusal, Milna will refund 100% of the amount already paid by the participant within 10 days of such a cancellation by Milna.
- Milna projects are designed for the sake of motivated participants, who wish to participate actively in the project, willing to discover, adapt to different cultures and ways of life.
- If Milna is not able to execute the project for any unforeseeable force majeure reasons, the entire amount that has been paid already, except what is incurred by Milna, will be refunded to the respective participants.
- The health or religious diet of the participant will be respected.
- During the project, you can reach the Milna person, in case of an EMERGENCY, at any time, and the numbers will be provided to you at the time or before the departure.
- Travel insurance is included in your package. If there is hospitalization, generally the insurance company pays the hospital directly, but for a visit to the doctor, an initial payment is required.
- Milna will pay up to 500 EUR for each participant and expects an immediate refund from the participant or the parents, before the return of the participant.
- Once the parents or the participant refunds Milna, Milna will give them the original bills and all necessary documents that are required to apply for a refund from the insurance company. Our team will guide the participant and his/her parents in the formalities.
- The personal belongings of the participant are under his own responsibility at all times.
- Milna follows the French rules and does not have the right to give medicines to anyone without a valid medical practitioner’s prescription and shall not be held responsible if the participant has consumed any such medication without such a prescription. Milna will never hesitate to take a participant to a doctor, each time the participant asks for it or if necessary otherwise.
- If the Milna person is requested to help to give medicines without a valid prescription, he will do it only after taking the participant to a doctor and availing a medical prescription.
- The Milna person has the knowledge and experience of group management and is also well trained to provide first aid and do everything as per the French law and regulations, specifically designed to protect minors. In any event, if a participant’s behavior (such as theft, vandalism, alcohol, drugs, violence, damage to property and/or persons etc.) causes hindrance in the group
management, security or major incompatibility with the spirit of the project and the capacity of the Milna person and the teacher/s to manage the crisis, Milna reserves the right to organize the “disciplinary return” of a participant to port of departure, after communicating the same with the legal guardian (if minor) and have exhausted the credible and reasonable dialogue solutions. The cost of the participant’s return and the adult support, if minor, will be totally borne by the participant’s legal guardian and no refunds will be made in case of any interruption of the project.
- Milna is responsible for the participant and the proper implementation of the project during the entire stay in the foreign country and Milna will do everything in its power to take care of the participant and its obligations. However, Milna may waive all or part of its liability by responsibility but can’t be held responsible in case of force majeure event(s) such as strike, war, notorious political instability, riots, terrorism, restrictions on the free movement of persons, and that, whatever the reason may be, including public health, safety or weather, limitation or prohibition of aviation traffic, disasters or delays in execution of services resulting from the same causes. If circumstances require, and if it’s in the interest of the participants, Milna may decide, at any time, to change dates, routes, order of activities without any claim from the participant for the same. In the case of vandalism, deterioration. Destruction or theft by any participant, Milna reserves the right to invoke the responsibility of such participant and/or his family.
- If any provision of these Terms and Conditions is or becomes illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable under the laws of any state or country, it shall be removed from these Terms and Conditions. The legality, validity and enforce-ability of any other provision herein under the law of that jurisdiction shall not be concerned or harmed.
- The Legal guardian or the participant, if an adult, authorizes Milna to take, if any, all necessary actions (medical treatment, hospitalization, surgery) necessitated by the condition of the participant at the time.
- All correspondence regarding any cancellations or project requests must be mailed to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Valid only for Family Stay projects: The norm is one participant with one hosting family.
- Valid only for Family Stay projects: You will have the full profile of the hosting family before the departure including address, contact numbers, photographs, introduction of the family and their house.
|Date :||Date :|
|Place :||Place :|